May 23, 2017
Bell pepper prices will rise over the next two weeks as supplies in South Florida wind down and the Coachella, California season reaches its end.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green Bell Peppers are sporadic; MFC and ESS Red Bell Peppers are available
- The heavy precipitation that is forecast this week in Georgia may disrupt new crop harvests
- Temperature spikes in the Coachella Valley, reaching up to 111° this week, will limit production
- Expect fewer supplies and higher prices in all regions over the next two weeks as inconsistent weather reduces volume
- Quality issues may include bruising, scarring, and wind damage