September 06, 2017
Lime prices will continue to climb over the next 7-10 days as additional rainfall is expected in the main Mexican growing region of Veracruz.
- Markon First Crop Limes are available from Mexico (loading in McAllen, Texas)
- Tropical Storm Katia is located off the eastern coast of Mexico
- Torrential rainfall is expected through this week
- Limited harvesting hours will reduce supplies crossing into South Texas
- Excessive moisture will promote stylar end break down in raw product
- Larger size limes (110- to 150-count limes) will be especially limited as new crop ramps up