The strawberry market is rising. The seasonal harvesting decline has begun in the Salinas and Watsonville, California growing regions. Supplies will transition to Santa Maria, California through the month of September. A limited supply of new crop berries are now shipping from Santa Maria.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available in Salinas and Watsonville
- Supplies are becoming less plentiful
- Plants are stressed as the tail end of the season approaches
- High day- and nighttime temperatures are forecast this week and into the weekend
- Upcoming quality concerns include bleeding, bruising, over-ripeness, reduced shelf-life, and softness
- New crop supplies are ramping up in Santa Maria; a limited supply of MFC Strawberries are available
- Markon recommends ordering for quick turns and loading FOB (when possible) to help extend shelf-life as the summer crop winds down