January 22, 2018
View the above Markon Live from the fields video about this week’s high yielding MFC Iceberg and Romaine Lettuce in the desert region.
- Recent warm weather and weak consumer demand have contributed to the ongoing surplus of desert region row crops
- Case weights, quality and yields for lettuce items have been above average all week
- Growers have bypassed many fields, but there remains an abundance of product that is at or slightly above peak maturity
- Cooler weather is forecasted over the next several days
- Yields and quality are expected to remain above average at least through the week of January 22