During this unprecedented time of the coronavirus pandemic, restaurant owners are forced to convert all of their business to takeout & delivery options. While this presents its own set of challenges, now is the time to use the power of creativity and social media to drive customers to your eatery. Offering new and unique menu options that are not typically found in restaurants will draw attention when marketed properly. Now more than ever, it is important to be prominent online and on your social media accounts. Restaurant owners should be constantly updating their website and socials to let the public know they are open for business and are offering fun, new choices.
Here is a list of takeout trends to spark your creativity and create a buzz online:
- “Quarantine Survival Meals” – Offer a main course, a side or appetizer, and a drink as bundle deal. Allow customers to choose 1 of each category from a curated list, or offer a different meal combination each day.
- Home Replacement Meals for Families – There are bound to be plenty of families quarantined together that are sick of cooking for themselves. By offering things like meatloaf or turkey dinners or spaghetti and meatball platters that are big enough to feed a family of four, you’re bound to entice a tired parent!
- DIY Meal Kits –For simple meals, like pizzas or tacos, offer customers all the ingredients to make their favorites, DIY style! This can be a fun activity for the kids while they’re home from school and involves zero trips to a crowded grocery store!
- Take & Bake – Buy now, eat later! Check out what meals on your menu can be prepped and chilled, and then popped in the oven by your customer from the comfort of their home. Maybe it’s uncooked pizzas, or frozen stir fry ingredients in a bag that’s ready to be tossed in a pan and warmed up.
- To-Go Cocktails – With laws now allowing alcohol sales via takeout during the pandemic, this is the time for your bar to shine! Think beyond the typical beer 6-pack or bottle of wine and create pre-mixed cocktails in sealed containers or cups. Allow these drinks to be added on to any food order to attract more traffic.
- Takeout Now, Dine In Later – Consider giving a coupon with each of your takeout orders that can be used for dine-in only at a later date. This will encourage customers to come back to your restaurant once the mandates are lifted and it is safe to dine in public again.
Looking for even more ideas? Click here for more
Maines is your dedicated partner and will do everything we can to support our customers with their takeout business in this time of need. Contact your Maines Territory Manager today for takeout packaging, essentials, and support.