Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Valencia Oranges are sporadic; packer label supplies are being substituted as needed. The market continues to rise; supplies are limited. Quality issues are a concern as the Valencia season begins to wind down. Markon recommends ordering for quick turns and maintaining 41-42 degrees F to maximize shelf-life.
- Current stocks favor Fancy grade as well as 88-count and larger sizing; Choice grade and 113-count and smaller sizes are extremely limited
- High temperatures are causing quality concerns such as rind breakdown, softness, and stem end aging
- Overall shelf-life is shorter this time of year
- Markon recommends ordering for quick turns
- 72-hour order lead time is highly encouraged due to tight supplies and reduced packing hours
- Offshore Navel oranges can be supplemented as needed when domestic supplies fall short